For the 2018 – 2019 school year, our dates and themes will be:
October 22 – 26
- Morning : Secret Agent Club
- We’ll listen to, read and reenact some spy stories, create our own spy gear and even solve daily mystery challenges! Come prepared, 007!
- Afternoon: Discover: EGYPT
- From ancient history to today, Egypt is packed with incredible stories, art and people. We’ll try to make the pyramids, use hieroglyphics to tell our own stories and more!
October 29 – November 2
- Morning: Discover: ENGLAND
- We’re learning English, but how much do you know about England? We’ll make and try English food, learn songs and other traditions from England, plus discover some of the most interesting parts of England’s history.
- Afternoon: Halloween and Haunted Houses
- Learn different halloween traditions, make costumes, ghosts and goblins, and even help build our very own haunted house at SEK!
January 2 – 4
- Morning: Holidays Around The World
- December brings some of the biggest holidays in France, like Christmas and New Year’s Eve, but this week we’ll explore some other holidays from around the world!
- Afternoon: Discover: AUSTRALIA
- What was one of the first countries to start 2019? Australia! We’ll make some indigenous art and instruments, learn about the unique wildlife and more!
February 18 – 22
- Morning: Let’s Build it!
- Games and crafts about constructing our 3D world using things from nature, the tools of the artist as well as everyday and recycled materials!
- Afternoon: Discover: CHILE
- In honor of the ski season, we’ll go to one of the highest countries on Earth: Chile! But there’s more than mountains here. We’ll discover the world’s highest Volcano, some traditional crafts, venture to the famous Easter Island and more!
February 25 – March 1
- Morning: Game Week
- “Play” is one of the most important verbs we have, so let’s use it! We’ll try all sorts of games, new and old, games of chance and of skill, board games, word games, video game, card games, festival games… even create our own games!
- Afternoon: Discover: INDIA
- With more than 1 billion residents, India has so much to discover! We’ll make some tie dye clothes, learn about the country’s diverse wildlife, traditional crafts and modern performing arts, like Bollywood, and more!
April 15 – 19
- Morning: Earth Day
- Roses are red, violets are blue, Mother Earth, we love you! We’ll learn about some of nature’s greatest gifts through arts and crafts and even go on scavenger hunts to find some of them!
- Afternoon: Discover: JAPAN
- Have the cherry trees bloomed yet? Learn about the homeland of “Hanami”, or, Cherry Blossom Festival… Japan! We’ll try some special food, learn to write our names in the Japanese alphabet and explore some other traditions and crafts from the “land of the rising sun”.
April 23 – 26
- Morning: American Sports
- Winter is over, spring has arrived, so let’s get outside and move! We’ll learn about sports and sport culture from North America and try them all!
- Afternoon: Discover: USA
- We’ll learn some American folk and pop songs, discover some indigenous traditions, try the country’s favorite sports and food and more.
July 8 – 12
- Morning: Treasure Island
- Let the summer adventures begin with the hunt for treasure! We’ll read some classic stories, go on scavenger hunts and create our own treasure island!
- Afternoon: Water Week
- Discover the world of water with all its creatures and mysteries. Plus we’ll play refreshing water games to welcome the summer!
July 15 – 19
- Morning: Real Life Video Games
- We’ll build and play life-sized versions of some gaming favorites: Angry Birds with boxes and balloons, Tetris on a table, Pac-man in a real maze, Mario cart with shoebox cars and more!
- Afternoon: Legends
- We’ll dive deep into the legends of knights, crowns, magic and more!
July 22 – 26
- Morning: Dinosaur Dynasty
- Time travel back to the age of the Dinosaurs! With all sorts of crafts and activities we’ll get a hands on look the amazing creatures.
- Afternoon: At The Beach
- We’ll play beach games, make crafts with sand and learn about the plants and animals of the sea to prepare for any beach holidays!